Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tuesday Afternoon and Evening


This picture was taken at the end of the pier.  On the other side of those rocks is Lake Michigan.  
 Of course we ate Whitefish and chips at The Cove.  We even shared a piece of Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake.  But we did not buy any candy at the Dam Candy Store.  We just stopped to look at the dam.
 I took a TON of pictures, but am only posting a few right now.  I don't want to waste time altering pictures when I could be staring aimlessly out at the beautiful east bay.  No.  I don't.  It's too beautiful.

From Leland we drove down to Glen Arbor.  Such a beautiful little town.  We had to walk off our meal.  And of course, Glen Arbor is home to Cherry Republic, so we restocked on Boomchunkas while we were there.  I also bought a jar of cherry mustard.  It looks amazing.  The beach picture is from Glen Arbor, just a block from the downtown area.  I believe that is Sleepying Bear Point.  The Manitou Islands are to the right, but it was a bit murky and they didn't show up well in any of my pictures.  But trust me, they are there.
 This is the sunset from our beach.  It was spectacular.  It's funny how everybody stops everything to watch the sunset, even though it does so every single day.  Interesting to think about.
If you think this was the end of the day for us, you would be wrong.  After the sunset we drove into downtown Traverse City and walked around for awhile.  Then we got back into the car, noticed the AMAZING full (almost) moon and decided to drive up the Mission Peninsula.
The night time has a beauty all its own, especially with such a bright moon shining on us.  THEN we came 'home'.
I brought up a bunch of reading material.  So, while THGGM snored on in a somewhat soothing manner, I read C.S. Lewis's "The Great Divorce".  Certainly the irony of reading that and doodling around with paints wasn't lost on me.  But it was dark, and I could no longer see the wonder surrounding me.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I was in Glen Arbor at the cherry republic store last weekend. I love the cherry salsa. Amazing how we enjoy so many of the same things.

Pat said...

I'm declaring right here, right now on your comment page.....I'm going up there before the snow flies!
You read it here!