Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, September 10, 2013

On Monday We Make Things

Yesterday afternoon Kado, Feintsje, and I took a good long look at some cardboard we had leftover from a box that was delivered on Friday.  I promised Kado on Friday that we would make swords out of it.  But the more I looked at it, the less confidence I had in my sword-making ability.  So instead of using that cardboard, I asked them if they wanted to venture into my studio in the basement to look for stuff to make swords.  They did.  The decorations on the swords/shield were done by them.  I worked the hot glue gun.  That was the key to the sword success.  Lots and lots of hot glue.  Which is even hotter when paired with aluminum foil.  I have the lack of finger prints to prove it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot glue guns come with a warning, alufoil too, read the instructions haha. As if I ever ue the gluegun without getting some clinging hot glue on fingertips or wrists. You know, two years ago Sinterklaas left a coffeeaparatus in my kitchen, a big square one, with which uou can make coffee and latte machiato and espresso per cup, per two cups, quite a big machine,like a foor at each side. The cardboardbox ended up at its side, while husband and two sons read instructions etc. (this, btw, was a present for me). My sons Malteser Lion decided, then and there, the box would be her house, so, now we have a Bosch box in our livingroom, with a dogblanket in it and we do not feel ashamed one little bit. The dog chose it, we tell visitors, so, what can we do? Accept it. It seems to be a place where she can retire from the world and it is not draughty one little bit. Her house is her castle, she has a nice dogmattress too and she may lay at the couch, so, we pamper her. It rains cats and dogs at the moment, on the other side oof the road a Malteser is getting her doggiewalk , her mummy has an umbrella and the little dog tries to stay dry too, only, the water bounces off the street on her tummie, poor litlle thing. Oh my, I left the doggieblanket out, now I have to drycycle it. DM