Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, January 30, 2014

Any One Else Need to Vent?

Ten things that are annoying me:

Our WiFi keeps going in and out.  Like every five minutes or so.  This is a problem I do not know how to deal with, as there was nothing like this in my past to compare it to.  I used to play Scrabble as a child, but the board and the person I was playing with never suddenly disappeared!  I also used to read without what I was reading being snatched away!  Whatever WiFi IS, and wherever it is taking the things I enjoy, I want it to know that in my heart I am chasing after it and plan to kick it when I get there.

One way that I can tell that I have reached the end of my store of endurance is when the clock in the living room dongs.  It makes me tired to listen to it.  It also shows how lazy I am that I don't just get up and stop it.  It's been a looooong January.  Interesting, yes.  but toooo looooong.  Yet, every time I hear that sound it is a good reminder that even time is working to get rid of this January.

Today when my alarm went off my eyes would not open.  Not that I didn't try.  So instead of opening them, I just hit the snooze button over and over and over again.  For about an hour and a half.  Some days it just feels good to hit something that is annoying.  Even though at my core I am very much a pacifist, I do hit electronics.  HARD.

It appears that my dog thinks that I can change the weather just by opening the backdoor to let him out.  He whines at the backdoor.  I open it.  He won't budge.  I close it.  He follows me back to wherever I am going (probably looking for more electronics to hit).  He leaves.  I hear whining at the door.  I open it.  He looks out, then looks expectantly at me.  This goes on all day.  I think he is mad at me for not opening the door to a bright and shiny spring day.  But he is a hopeful dog, and keeps trying.  I certainly should not complain, as this is the only exercise I've been getting.  And come to think of it, I'm still whining at a lot of doors hoping for something different to appear on the other side.

I might try to add a picture here before I post this, but I have been having MAJOR issues with either blogger or my computer, I am not sure which.  What I am typing will jump around all over the place. Today I am typing very very slowly, hoping that this will help.  My DRAFT file has numerous posts that cannot be posted until I fix them.  Some have been fixed, but then the WiFi goes off.  Not that I feel that my blog has anything important to say, but it does leave me with a record of my days, and since my memory seems to be failing it helps me keep track of things.  And now this.  SEVERAL of the sentences that I have just typed have appeared several paragraphs up from this one.  WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?!  I'm not sure if I am more annoyed by what is happening, or that I'm not sure what I need to hit to fix it.

Then, yesterday.  Ah, yesterday.  I was transferring the pictures that I had taken from my camera card to my computer when suddenly I got an error code to my picture files.  And it won't go away.  No picture transfer.  Just an error code.  I've followed every prompt to try to solve this issue but the error code still will not go away.  I've googled the error code (when the WiFi works) and done everything THAT told me to do and still the error code appears.  And what is it with error codes?  If someone took the trouble to attach an error code to something, why couldn't it have been done in helpful words instead of a code?  Even if it just said, YOU DID SOMETHING VERY STUPID.  That would help me more than code.  I would agree with that.  I'm presently not sure whether or not I agree with the code
.
Sadly, due to all the computer/WiFi/error code problems I've been experiencing you have missed out on what may have been an excellent post about the mouse we caught last week.  To make a very long and hair raising story short, we only caught one back leg of the mouse.  The rest was free and thought it would be fun to run around my kitchen while dragging the trap along with him.  All I can say is thank God for my brother-in-law.

Of course, there hasn't been much to post about what I've been doing, as I have not been doing anything.  The roads have been treacherous and when they are clear it is impossible to see around all of the snow piles, so pulling out of anywhere is taking ones life into ones hands.  So, no Michaels, no thrift store, no lovely dinners out, no antique shopping along the lake shore.  Actually, I don't believe there even IS a lake shore anymore.  This may just be the year we can walk to Wisconsin.  For someone who loves nothing more than staying home and puttering around doing crafty things, I'm about ready to kick my way out of here.  Maybe this Saturday everything won't be cancelled.  One can hope.  If only because it won't be January anymore.

Other people have it worse.  I know that.  So far, in so many different ways, January has been lovely. Even THGGM, who is the one who mans the snow blower, has said that it is beautiful in its own way. The long nights haven't seemed so dark with all the snow on the ground, he is enjoying staying home all snug under our own roof, and it seems so much more like the winters we remember.  So there is that.

I know.  That''s only nine things.  Believe me, there are very many more things that are annoying me, but my tenth one suddenly disappeared causing me to be more annoyed than I already was when I started this.  So just suffice it to say, I am annoyed by just about everything.

In other news...

I've been having great fun with all the snow days, which have given me more time with the oldest two grandchildren than I thought I would have this winter.  Yesterday I had all six of them in the afternoon and it was one of the most pleasant afternoon's I have had in quite some time.

So there you have it. I'm annoyed, but not without the full knowledge that I am incredibly blessed too!

(i just tried to add a picture.  that error code is holding a years worth of my picture files hostage.  guess how annoyed i am now?)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might be the other mousse, the electronic commanding one. I had this happen to me, it was a mystery to me, then my mousse (computer one) fell and I saw the underside! my goodness, there were little flat lumps here and there, not everywhere. I removed them with my thumbnail (my own, not that other one) and yes, benefit, my typed text was not dancing all over the screen anymore, nor did it disappear. With six youngsters and a dog around this might be what happened at your home, I hope it is only this, easily solved. Snow here has disappeared already, never more then 3 inches this week.
Judy, you have a doll to knit for and lousy roads outside (no, two dolls) and somewhere there must be a crochethook or needles and some yarn, go for it. And maybe THGGY can snowplough a very small path for Zeeke behind the backdoor? Maybe you even could go one step outside with Z. to give confidence? Maybe you can think up a lovely stay-at-home quick and easy take-at-home-from-the-stove breakfast and thriftshop for giving away at your own home, like books. just saying Dutch pancakes (large like small pizza's and thinner then American pancakes, mostly same ingredients Spread with a walnutsize of real butter, or jam or jelly or maplesyrup. It is 35 years ago that I was almost due to deliver and a great snowstorm broke out. People got snowed in, cars too, electricity at farms broke down so cows had to be milked by hand and I listened to 3 radiostations and watched TV. Roads were luckily clean (for just 3 days before the birth) when my son was born, but within a week we were almost flooded by dewwater. winters can get out of control everywhere, so I am thankful for winters with clean, not slippery, roads, snow on the fields, but only a few inches hogh and nice skatingice, not to be this winter, I think. DM

Anonymous said...

I meant I listened and watched snownews and desperate farmers asking anybody in the neighbourhood who could handmilk to please help his suffering cows (anybody who b reas t fed will now what happens if not emptied in time, no other way to put it to keep of foul comments) then the milk had to be poured outside because there was no way it could be gathered to take to the mill. I was, after two days radiolisteing through the night even, exhausted, but I thought it was worth it. The Netherlands and North Germany and Scotland and England just are not up to such weather, now even less, but we now have at least wireless telephone. No need for bedsheets painted with the word HELP like then. DM

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

One of my sons put mine in a place called DROPBOX, which was explained to me that they are stored out in space somewhere and I retrieve them when I need them.
Maybe when you locate yours, this would be a safer place to store them.
It's a FREE service for up to so many pictures I've been told.
So far, so good on this site.
(((hugs)))