Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ten Random Thoughts

1.  The family has had the flu.  It's been AWFUL.  I do believe we are all better now, but just in case I've left a large bowl in the living room...

2.  I have not been blogging much.  The reason is that my computer would not let me type a complete sentence without eating it up and jumping back about a dozen words or so.  I have NO IDEA what is up with that, but in trying to 'fix' it I inadvertently lost 11 and 1/2 months worth of pictures.  Notice there is not a picture with this post?  That would be why.  I am sad, but have had several offers of help and several suggestions for picture storage sites.  I'm thankful that many of my pictures are here and on Facebook.  I am saddened that I have not made even one hard copy picture of Broeder. 

3.  Well then, you may be wondering, how is it that I am typing this blog post?  Good question.  The answer is that I have a very kind husband who generously gave me his new laptop.  He insisted that he doesn't use it to write so the skipping around problem doesn't bother him.  Just wait until the cursor disappears.  He may have a slight problem with that annoyance, but then I shall only yell "No take backs!".  Sadly, I am not as kind as he is. 

4.  This year I shall not  be terribly sad to see the winter end.  That will probably be in May or June, if we are lucky.  Most of the winter we stayed safely inside.  If it weren't for Jonge playing basketball on Saturday mornings, we might possibly have had no outside entertainment.  That's just one of the reasons I love watching the grandchildren.  My entertainment comes to me! 

5.  This weekend Jonge had a sleep-over with us.  It was supposed to be last weekend, but Jonge and I were both sick.  Then, on Thursday Jonge got sick AGAIN.  And he was very sick.  This germ has been relentless, especially for Jonge and Famke who seem to pick up a mutation of this germ every week or so.  Anyway, on Friday morning Jonge woke up his still sick mother and INSISTED that he was FINE and wanted to go to school so he could have his sleep-over.  And he did.  Of course, THGGM and I had a wonderful time too.  They went to a movie after school and then picked me up to go out for dinner.  On Saturday we did our 'usual' trips to various places that he enjoys. 

6.  For those who are wondering, I haven't yet sewn anything for my/Hertsje's American Girl doll.  Yesterday I did buy her a pair of jeans and a white tea shirt.  In my bedroom there is a neat stack of thrifted fabric and a pattern.  So far I'm still in the dreaming stages of sewing.  I see a lot of red in her fashion future. 

7.  What I have been doing is reading.  A lot.  Last night I finished George MacDonald's "The Wise Woman".  It was very interesting.  Tonight I shall be starting something new.  Not sure what yet, but it seems like it may be a good time to go back and read again my favorite Elizabeth Goudge books.  Oh, and last week I also finished "The Sociopath Next Door".  My reading is all over the place these days. 

8.  Last week THGGM went to donate blood plasma and was rejected.  His pulse was only 44.  No other symptoms, just a very low pulse.  Two days later he went back and his pulse was normal but his blood pressure was high, and his is NEVER high.  So, he sees the doctor next week.  Of course, this keeps me up at night kick-starting him back to breathing as he snores like a freight train full of roaring lions. 

9.  That reminds me.., when Jonge was here yesterday he and THGGM were talking together on the couch.  Right in the middle of a deep conversation THGGM feel asleep.  He woke up to Jonge laughing hysterically at him.  He had just said to Jonge, "But I'm not dead yet."  It didn't fit into the conversation AT ALL.  Hmm. 

10.  Hopefully spring will come.  I've smelled skunks on the move and even saw a robin yesterday, so there is that.  It's coming.  It HAS to.

There you have it.  Ten very random uninteresting thoughts.  It's been a looooong winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy,
It's so good to see you post again. It has been a very long winter and I too, will be glad to see it go.
We will put your hubs on our prayer list. I hope it is nothing serious and that it is something easily remedied.
Take extra good care!
Blessings,
Jen