Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, August 28, 2014

Feintsje's Finger


We ALMOST made it through the summer without injury.

Today started out lovely. Perfect weather, seven perfectly well behaved children, and lunch (i hate lunch) was a success.

Then in the afternoon a scream rose up from the backyard.

What Feintsje was building fell and a board landed on his pinky finger, causing the nail to completely flop over backward.

Oh, the PAIN!

I am SO thankful that my sister and her grandson came today.

Otherwise I might have passed out.

She held the injured Feintsje while I made phone calls and attempted to calm the siblings and cousins.

All six of my grand kids love their great aunt and will go to her for anything they need.  This really was helpful today.

Mommy brought her little boy to the ER and X-rays showed that no bones were broken, but the finger is badly bruised.  Thankfully, a very small amount of the nail at the nail bed remained attached.  This means that it should heal nicely and not cause him any further problems.  Although I'm sure it is throbbingly painful tonight.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Bless his heart! (And finger!)

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwchie!

(((hugs)))for you both

Anonymous said...

Over here that is : au, (ouch without the ch pronounced)just that. The pinky nail will heal well, but beware this winter to put some extra insulation into his mitten, eventually even sew that down with some stitches. Newly grown nails have a habit of hurting extremely soon from the cold. Btw thanka for frozen ice in the freezer, helps to numb the pain, stop blood dripping and the sweet ice helps to bring a smile back to little faces. Feintsje, I wish your nail gets well soon and.. ask grandma for weekly pictures of your groing nail with the date, then she can make a pictureshow for you when you have that nail cut (and photographed) for the first time after it grew back, would be around Christmas or even Santa Claus day. DM (I am at my best during such events, but feel all squeeky and wobbly once the helping part is over).