Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 25, 2015

Making Our Own Fun

It isn't that I don't have a plethora of toys here.

Believe me.  I do.

But every once in a while I don't get any toys out, just so these guys can come up with their own fun.

Feintsje and Hertsje will usually play What Time Is It Mr. Fox? Or will sit together at the piano playing songs for each other.
 Broeder gets more creative.  He LOVES to play with the candles I have in an old iron muffin tin. (hmm. i bought these last year in lake geneva. might be time to unwrap them, maybe?)  Anyway.., Broeder smells them, rolls them around and calls them his steam rollers, stacks them, throws them - they are all kinds of fun!  But last week he had an even better idea!  His truck book was out (as it always is) and he took great delight in arranging my candles on his truck book.  I really like how this looks.  I suggest we all follow around a two year old for an afternoon just to take note of all the interesting things they think up!
Have you ever heard the phrase "Having a two year old is like having a blender without a lid"?  It is.
Only it's messier.

No comments: