Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, April 09, 2016

Random Thoughts On a Snowy April Friday

1. It is snowing.  I am done with snow.  There wasn't all that much this past winter, so one might think there should be no complaining.  But April snow is hard to take, even though it is pretty.
2.  Last weekend THGGM finished painting the living room and dining room.  It's been months, but they are both one color now.  No more green.  I do miss the green, it worked well for us for almost NINE years.  But I like the present color just as much.  It is a relief to have it done.  Now, on to the next project.  Whatever that may be...
3.  This week we also added string lights around the front window.  It gives us some great ambient lighting, which I love.  These were one of those Amazon deal of the day thingies.  They are LED lights on a thin copper wire.  The nice thing about these as when they are not plugged in, you cannot even tell they are there.
4.  Last week I finished reading Jane Austen's Persuasion.  I LOVED it!  Best line: "You have pierced my soul."  Captian Wentworth.., sigh...
5. Now I am reading Lady Susan.  I have heard that there is a movie coming out in May based on the book, called Love and Friendship.  This intrigues me.  Lady Susan is a horrible person.  I do not like her.  Not one little bit.
6.  There is a mouse in our kitchen.  All winter we only had two mice, and caught them quickly.  This one, driven in by the snow I'm sure, doesn't seem to know how to be quiet as a mouse.  I have SEEN no evidence of it, nothing at all, but it is rocking a small cabinet where we recharge all of our devices. Ugh.  I want it out of here!  (THGGM thinks mice are cute.)
7. This week really did seem like a break for me, even though it didn't feel like a SPRING one.  On the only two days I had grand kids this week THGGM was also off of work.  I enjoyed that, and I think the kids did too.  Pake gets them things, like donuts from Marge's Donut Den.  He also takes them places, like Michael's and the McDonald's with the play area.  Of course, on a cold snowy April spring break day, it was CROWDED.  But other than how awful the weather was, I believe they had a good time.
8.  On Tuesday, after we had birthday breakfast with Youngest Son, THGGM and I did a bit of antique shopping along the lake shore.  Tuesday it was cold, but not TOO cold, and it was sunny.  A great day for driving down Leonard St. all the way to Spring Lake.  Our first stop was Depot Antiques in Spring Lake.  They have the BEST stuff.  REAL antiques.  Nothing we can afford.  But, looking is still free.  From there we went to another one of our favorites on 31.  THGGM found a beautiful Dresden pitcher with a Dutch scene on both sides.  I found a brown medicine bottle.  The kind with embossed words on one side.  I bought something else there, and now I cannot remember what it was!  I have wandered through every room of the house looking, looking, looking, but whatever it was that I simply had to have, I have NO IDEA what it was.  Ugh.  I HATE when that happens.
9. Today I began working on my AG doll bed skirt.  I almost attached it to the bed tonight, but now I am glad I did not.  I think I'm just going to put a few tiny hooks around the bed to hold it on.  But, I'm going to sleep on that thought and see if something better comes to mind.
10. Good grief.  I don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight.  I cannot remember what the other things is that I bought at the antique mall.  I DID find a GORGEOUS tin picnic basket in a tartan plaid, but of course would not spend $38 for one.  When I got home I learned that it was Tartan Day. Is that really a thing?  Because if it were, I think I might have told myself it was a sign that I should get it.  And if I HAD gotten that, I certainly wouldn't have forgotten about it.  It just seem so odd to me that I can remember what I didn't buy, and not a clue as to what I did buy.  Sometimes, being me is extremely difficult.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You lost me at the mouse part! I was OUT OF HERE!