Saturday, April 09, 2016
Random Thoughts On a Snowy April Friday
3. This week we also added string lights around the front window. It gives us some great ambient lighting, which I love. These were one of those Amazon deal of the day thingies. They are LED lights on a thin copper wire. The nice thing about these as when they are not plugged in, you cannot even tell they are there.
4. Last week I finished reading Jane Austen's Persuasion. I LOVED it! Best line: "You have pierced my soul." Captian Wentworth.., sigh...
5. Now I am reading Lady Susan. I have heard that there is a movie coming out in May based on the book, called Love and Friendship. This intrigues me. Lady Susan is a horrible person. I do not like her. Not one little bit.
6. There is a mouse in our kitchen. All winter we only had two mice, and caught them quickly. This one, driven in by the snow I'm sure, doesn't seem to know how to be quiet as a mouse. I have SEEN no evidence of it, nothing at all, but it is rocking a small cabinet where we recharge all of our devices. Ugh. I want it out of here! (THGGM thinks mice are cute.)
7. This week really did seem like a break for me, even though it didn't feel like a SPRING one. On the only two days I had grand kids this week THGGM was also off of work. I enjoyed that, and I think the kids did too. Pake gets them things, like donuts from Marge's Donut Den. He also takes them places, like Michael's and the McDonald's with the play area. Of course, on a cold snowy April spring break day, it was CROWDED. But other than how awful the weather was, I believe they had a good time.
9. Today I began working on my AG doll bed skirt. I almost attached it to the bed tonight, but now I am glad I did not. I think I'm just going to put a few tiny hooks around the bed to hold it on. But, I'm going to sleep on that thought and see if something better comes to mind.
10. Good grief. I don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight. I cannot remember what the other things is that I bought at the antique mall. I DID find a GORGEOUS tin picnic basket in a tartan plaid, but of course would not spend $38 for one. When I got home I learned that it was Tartan Day. Is that really a thing? Because if it were, I think I might have told myself it was a sign that I should get it. And if I HAD gotten that, I certainly wouldn't have forgotten about it. It just seem so odd to me that I can remember what I didn't buy, and not a clue as to what I did buy. Sometimes, being me is extremely difficult.