Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, April 08, 2016

A Living Room for a Doll

This is the living room area.

I have a slightly larger table in the garage which may hold a few more pieces of doll sized furniture.
Considering all the stuff I still have in my stash, there will need to be more room.
I thought of putting the doll sized bookcase over here, but it seemed to get lost among all the other books.
See that cute little globe bank? Didn't everyone have one of those when they were a child? While antique shopping on Tuesday I saw two of them. They were asking $24 a piece. Mine is a thrift store find - so.., yay!
Once I get the school room together it will go on the desk.
I also came across an old cutting board that I have in my work room.  It's all banged up on one side from being hammered on, but I think with the right legs it will make a great school room table!


This chair is the one made from a wooden box.
She sits very well on this.
I'm hoping to make a few more of these for when her friends come to visit.
Which is why I shall need a slightly larger table to set them on.
And the couch does seem to be holding up.  Famke accidentally sat on it while we were arranging things, and nothing happened to it.  So, there may be some truth to Grand Rapids having stellar furniture makers.
I'm still pondering adding trim to some of the pieces.  I don't want any of it to be TOO fussy.
As they are presently, if something falls off it's easy to put it back together.  I have to remember that my GOAL is for this to be for the grand kids.
NOT ME.  I occasionally forget that.  (sigh...)


For the living room to be complete, she shall need a basket of magazines.  That should be fun to make!
 I found this piece of Ralph Lauren in my stash.  I think Famke might like this one.  At her next sleep-over I'm hoping we can make a couch for her to bring home to her doll.



Well that is all for now.

There is still the kitchen/dining area to set up, and then the school room!

But I probably should not do it all in one week.

I need to live with it all for a bit to determine what works and what doesn't.

And I keep telling myself that I do not want to over do it.

But, um.., I do not think I know how to not over do things.

Nope.

So it will be a learning experience for me.

Wish me luck!

No comments: