Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, December 24, 2016

My Exciting Life

My oven stopped working earlier this week.
THGGM was pretty sure he had fixed what was ailing it.
But, oh my!  That didn't fix it.
I had the three oldest grand kids over night Thursday.
We had plans to bake gingerbread boys.
Well, THAT did not happen!
What did happen were sounds like gun-shots and then a lot of snap, crackle, and pop!
It was horrifying.
But, I did manage to get it unplugged.
For some reason, this did NOT cause the breaker to trip.
Ugh.
I am thanking God that we did not all go up in flames.
Anyway...
THGGM ran around to a couple of stores and finally found a toaster-convection oven that should meet our needs.
I experimented tonight, and I think we shall do fine with it for Christmas day cooking/baking.
At least these practice rolls came out satisfactory.
I am now afraid of electricity.
Those were some SCARY moments.


No comments: