Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sunday at the Flea

Sunday was THE PERFECT DAY for wondering around the Allegan Antiques Flea Market.

If you've never been there, it is definitely a good one to go to!

It was surprisingly mild weather for the last Sunday in June.

Maybe not too great for the outside sellers, as it was a bit on the WINDY side.

But for meandering up and down the rows and rows of merchandise, it could not have been lovelier!
Oldest Son came along with us.

Between the three of us we each have our own interests to pursue.
I especially enjoy a well put together display.

Even if I'm not particularly interested in what is being displayed, I do love the art of the display.

If that makes sense.
I remember discussing "MEN WORKING" signs with my mom once. She told me that they only made "MEN WORKING" signs because women were always working, so they didn't require a special sign to announce it.

She was brilliant, my mom.

And of course, RXR signs always remind me of my dad (who,  by way, was also always working!)


See what I mean about it being a perfect day for it?

Just look at that sky and those puffy white clouds!

Lately I've been getting into purchasing old glass bead jewelry.

But I didn't even look for any here.

I only took a picture of it all.

Apparently, I DO have SOME restraint.
I'm not a vegetarian, and I'm not at all opposed to hunting for food, but hanging the leftovers on the wall does not appeal to me in the least.


 Sigh...

The Kalamazoo River is just on the other side of that tree line.

It's a beautiful setting.
But all good things must come to an end!

Oh, and if you are wondering if we bought anything?

Oldest Son did not.

THGGM bought a very old wooden box.

And I got a Royal Bayreuth Sunbonnet Girls candle stick, A large Zells picture with two Dutch guys on it, two small baggies with Polly Pockets with CLOTHES (for two girls I know), a set of children's aluminum kitchen ware (from 1923), and two Fisher Price Little People babies. But that's all.

No comments: