Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, July 28, 2017

The Day Has Arrived

Today was THGGM's last day at his job.
Can I just say that this all seems very surreal to me?
I'm just not sure how I feel about it.
THGGM is handling it all very well.
He is excited to find another job.
I like dull and boring.
Too much change at one time causes me to break out into an itchy rash.
Thankfully, he had a week of vacation coming, so next week he plans to park himself on an inflatable in Lake Michigan to float around to his heart's content.
I plan to read, draw, and take pictures.
But I would like the world to know that I DID buy a bathing suit!
I haven't worn one since 1978, so we shall see (well, you won't see) if I actually find even the remotest desire to put it on.
Here is a drawing I made of THGGM and me on an imaginary beach.
And yes, I DO have a farmer's tan just like that.
I bought us each a NEW beach towel, since we also haven't owned any of those in over a decade.
Anyway.., life feels different over here.
I'm truly not a pessimist, but 58 probably isn't the greatest time in life to find a new job.
Being a realist makes me very aware of that.
Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated!
And, HEY, we are ON VACATION!
YAY!




4 comments:

Debra said...

Oh Judy! I didn't know this was happening. What a challenge--I clearly recall the gut-punch shock at first. But after what Tom and I went through, I know now that God can swoop in in times like these and do something you never imagined, like finally get your dream job when you're in your mid-50's. So please enjoy your vacation and have the best time ever swimming around in both water and wonderful possibilities ahead! Hugs, Debra

Judy said...

Thank you Debra!
We know that it will all work out for good.
But walking through it is HARD.
Thank you for understanding and encouraging me!

rebecca said...

We've known OUR share of "changes", too. I can and will pray with a bit of understanding - and FAITH!

I love your drawing. Can't remember the last time I wore a swim suit - but probably more recently than you.

Make that vacation work for you! ♥

Judy said...

Thank you Rebecca!
The vacation could not have come at a better time.
We've only been here for six hours, and already feel much calmer about everything. Amazing how helpful a change of scenery is! Oh, and being surrounded by family is a blessing too!