Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, August 05, 2017

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Or so I've been told.
I'm not sure why they MUST come to an end.
But, they do.
Pake and Kado got in some good early morning time watching the waves and chattering on about the week.
All week we wondered how we would get it all cleaned up and emptied out on Saturday morning.
But we did!
And with time to spare!
There was damage after 24 hours of high winds and waves.
The last flight of steps down to the beach are only precariously attached on the far left side, the side that they are now leaning towards.
Where you see that top step?
Um. It just drops off to the beach below.
I suppose if you own property along the Lake Michigan shore line you just learn to expect things like this to happen.
But I found it horrifying.
There also wasn't much left at all of the "beach above the beach" which used to hold all of us on beach chairs with kids playing all around.
Lake Michigan is a powerful force of nature.
I have new found respect for it after this week.
Here are some of us, relaxing a minute after our busy clean up!
Holland, MI 2017


Famke had already staked out her seat for the ride home, so wasn't about to lose her spot just for a picture!
But Jonge made himself available, and humored me one last time.

And a good time was had by all!

No comments: