Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, August 04, 2017

The Windiest of Afternoons

Today has been an INSIDE day, with occasional jaunts  down to the deck to check on the shore.

Son-in-law built a lovely fire for us.
Oldest Son and Daughter-in-law enjoyed reading in front of the fire.
Those of us who spent the day on our "devices" did so on the porch with an AMAZING view of the lake.

Which only got wilder as the day went on.
There was game-playing,  as well as considerable coffee drinking and snacking.
THGGM left to have lunch with his now "former" co-workers.

Everyone else in his department  had their last day today.

This all still seems so weird to me.

I'm sure Monday morning when he doesn't leave for work will seem exceptionally MORE odd.
And this was sad to see.

An area of the upper beach collapsed due to the intense wave action today.

So sad.

"The wise man built his house upon the rock" and all that.


Anyway..,

Lake Michigan was good to us this week!

I've been scanning the horizon for water spouts, but so far all I've seen is some promising-looking clouds that didn't amount to one.

 But, there is still time!

And I'm still scanning for them...

No comments: