Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last Christmas Party of the Year

The lighting in our basement is not conducive to picture taking.

The overhead lights are florescent, the walls are bright yellow, and there is just a teeny hint of natural sunlight.

We all look a bit jaundiced.
Add to that the simple reason that a few of us were still not in the pink of health, and a couple of us were missing because of it.

Although you can't see those of us who are missing.

Funny how that works.
I've been sick since last week Tuesday.

But I soldiered on.

Actually, I didn't.

THGGM jumped into action and got things done.
Everyone always pitches in for this party, so it is most definitely a family affair.
I didn't move around much, but I think I managed to get everybody into a picture.
Even sick old me.

I thought I might need proof that I was actually there.

And LOOK!

I was.




Someone was also celebrating his birthday-eve.

Time flies.

I could wax on about that, but it flies whether I do or don't.
 It's been a cold and snowy season, so I was especially thrilled that those who live an hour in different directions were still able to get here.

One never knows.

Being from Michigan, we aren't afraid of much, but we also have a healthy respect for the weather.
There is a chance that those who sat closest to me might be experiencing odd visual disturbances because of my use of the flash.
Fleecy throws seemed to be the most common gift, and much appreciated due to the incessant cold.
Do you think it could be another fleece?
My wonderful sisters.

I like to think that in Heaven today my mom nudged my dad and said "Look John! The kids are still getting together for the holiday!"

And my dad said nothing, but he smiled.
 Somebody really liked his new hat and jacket.
The biggest candy bar I ever saw!
There's a slight chance this one is not a fleecy throw.
Nope!

I think we all had a great time.

I failed to get a picture of the food, but it was plentiful and delicious!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: