Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, December 16, 2017

Winter At the Gardens

Tuesday was Oldest Son's 37th birthday.
He invited me, THGGM, and Broeder to go to Meijer Gardens with him and his lovely wife.
It's amazing how much there was to see and do there, even in the winter.
 All the guys look alike.
I never noticed it more than the day I looked at these pictures.
The big draw at the gardens this time of year are the holiday displays from around the world.
It's a beautiful sight to behold!
My sisters and I came with my mom to see the trees eleven years ago.
It was one of the last things we were all able to do together.
So many memories.
Broeder was most excited to go, but not so much for the trees and displays.
He could not WAIT to see the Venus Fly Traps.
They are very tiny.
Not sure he was all that impressed by them.
There were many large pitcher plants though, which caught my attention.
They also caught water - a lot of water.

But the thing that most grabbed Broeder's attention was the Railway Garden.
We did not go at a busy time, so he was able to enjoy the entire experience to his little heart's content. 
This was an elf, on the American tree.
I have an elf like this.
He just sits on a shelf.
I don't move him around.
It would be dangerous if I did, because I would not remember where I put him.

 Most of our time was spent at the Railway Garden, but after that we got our coats on to venture out into the cold.
 Shh.
Don't disturb them.
They are in jail.
 I do believe a good time was had by all!
Such a good time, that SOMEONE did NOT want to leave.
But, we'll be back.

No comments: