Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, January 01, 2018

Goodbye 2017, Welcome 2018

Today, in my still rather muddled brain, I've been running a review of sorts.
A review of 2017.
It was a different sort of year than most I can remember, but years are like that. None are the same.
The thing about this one that mostly stands out is it's slightly similar feel to my year ten years ago.
2007 also had so many significant changes that I could barely keep up with it.
It had seemed like I'd just begun to crawl out from that (i'm slow.., i know...) when 2017 roared in and the non-stop spinning started up again.
But life is more about how one responds to what one can't control than it is about wishing things were different.
I never set out to have an over-the-top exciting life anyway.
I've always had more of an affinity to things that seem dull and boring to other people.
The everyday intrigues me.
I'm more interested in routine daily experiences than I am in seeking out something new.
How can something be used in a different way?
What can be made of this?
It occurred to me repeatedly in 2017 that I require massive amounts of calm to function.
I need to sink into the corner of my couch with a cup of coffee for no other reason but to think.
In 2017 a lot of changes happened in my life, most of them totally beyond any control of mine.
One change that I did make was in losing weight.
I knew I had to make significant changes for myself, because conventional methods were not working.
It was hard work. But worth it.
Isn't all of life like that?
Anyway.., so on I go into 2018 expecting more hard work.

No comments: