Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday's Favorite Find

Today THGGM and I dropped in at our favorite thrift store.
It was "everything 50% off week".
We've been looking for a pharmacy lamp, as I have great difficult reading unless I have bright direct lightening.
THGGM was sure that would solve all my problems.
But, we couldn't seem to find one that would work where I needed it.
So, on day FIVE of this sale, we walked in not really expecting to find much left.
But, there it was!
A solid brass pharmacy lamp!
The sticker price was $18.00.
I'm actually GOOD at figuring out percent when it's 50.
Now I have this GREAT lamp for only NINE DOLLARS.
I've removed from my Amazon wish list the ones I thought I might have to chose from - but weren't at all what I wanted.
Trust me.  They were ALL more than twice the "regular price" of this one!

I can actually SEE to read!
And when I'm not using it to read, it does a nice job of lighting up the bottom shelf of the cabinet next to me.
I like that.
And another thing I like about this one, is that it doesn't require that weird balance arm that the ones on my wish list all had.
It also isn't very noticeable in my cozy reading corner.
Sigh...
So this is now my corner with everything I need with which to be content.
My light, my book, my blanket, my laptop, my drawing pad, my pencil, and my camera.
YAY!

No comments: