Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, March 11, 2018

Butterflies!

Sunday afternoon found us wondering through the butterfly exhibit at Meijer Gardens. 
It was LOVELY.
And you know how I am NOT one to complain (hahahahaha) but it was SOOOO hot and humid in there that my hair will probably still be curly tomorrow. 
Seriously. 
I do love butterflies, but tropical living would NOT be the life for me.
But enough of that, there are butterflies to see! 
Sometimes, if you held very still, a butterfly would land right on you! 
Hertsje had one land on her knee, and another one land on her shoulder. 
Broeder tried, but holding very very still is not as easy as it seems.




 This butterfly was my favorite.
When its wings are down, they are a gorgeous shade of blue.


I want to go back.
Next time I'll wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt.
And bring a bottle of ice water to pour over myself.
Then I'll roll in a snow bank on my way out.
I am NOT kidding.
It was THAT hot in there.
I never saw so many sweaty people in March in Michigan in my life!
Still, I think you really ought to go.
It's worth it to see so much beauty!

No comments: