Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, September 05, 2018

They DO Grow Up

Wednesdays are the only days I have grand kids to care for.
What a CHANGE, after 12 and 1/2 years of having at least someone here on an almost daily basis.
This is going to take some getting used to for me!
Jonge, who began this journey with me 12 and 1/2 years ago, had his braces removed today!
This was a milestone event for him.
In the next two weeks he will be fitted for retainers.
Broeder, who spent three days a week with me last year now goes to Young Fives all day.
Well, all day, except for Wednesday afternoons when they get out of school at 1:15, so Hertsje and Broeder come here until a parent picks them up.  Last year, THGGM picked up the other four grand kids from school three days a week and brought them here until Daughter got out of work, but from now on he is only doing that on Wednesdays.  This way we still get to see them ALL during the week.  Hopefully this will help me make the transition.
So, that is what is new in my world!
Now, if only I could find where I left my energy, because I seem to have misplaced it...

1 comment:

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Judy,
I bet your energy is in the same place mine is. My doc says this is my new normal and to get used to it. BAH! Never!
I remember when I began reading your blog. I enjoy your adventures! Mine are not nearly as thrilling as yours.
What ever happened to your other blog? Maybe now you will have more time to keep up the thrifting...
hugs
mel