Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 14, 2018

Thursday Trip

Thursday morning, early, THGGM and I left for a trip to Wisconsin.
This time I couldn't take my camera with the good zoom lens (a can of coke exploded all over while that camera was in my purse and now I get a message saying "remove lens cap" but the lens cap isn't on!) so I had to take my good camera without a good zoom lens!

This camera does not take good pictures from a moving car unless I am using the Sketch Effects setting.
But, oh the FUN I have altering those pictures when I get back home.
People come out looking weird with that setting, so  at least I didn't annoy my relatives by taking pictures of them looking all cartoon-y.
 There is something about how these pictures look that I find extremely intriguing.
I can't quite say what it is though.

The sun was in my favor on Thursday.
Shadows only show up as blank space in Sketch Effects, so I'm thankful the light cooperated!
If busy taking pictures I'm kept from paying TOO close attention to all the traffic.
I do think THGGM appreciates this, as I'm not constantly yelling from the sheer terror of it all.
 Just think what a view these people must have from their windows!
Personally, I'd prefer to look out over woods, water, or fields, but I bet this is an interesting place to observe the skyline.
Seriously.
I was not the kind of child who sat in school dreaming of the day I would figure out how to build a highway system.
But I'm thankful someone did.
It amazes me what people have accomplished, while I stay home and make pumpkins out of scraps I find around the house.

Anyway..,
Wisconsin welcomed us! 
 Off the I, getting ready to turn left onto Highway 50.
The American flag looks great in Sketch Effects, it's one of my favorite things to take pictures of.
While THGGM pumped gas, I took a picture of a flock of Canada geese.
Flying NORTH, and having a bit of trouble with the V formation.

We met my cousin and her daughter in Lake Geneva for lunch at Simple.
Shopping followed.

No comments: