Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, January 24, 2019

Making Progress

This was me a week ago.
Next week I get the other eye fixed.
Oh my goodness!
The surgery was amazingly wonderful and I can SEE!
The very best thing has been how color is SO much brighter! 
I've heard other people talk about how amazing the difference is, but having now experienced it for myself it is nothing short of miraculous!
The only major draw back I've experienced will be short term.
Since I was so incredibly nearsighted, there is NO WAY that my fixed eye and unfixed eye could ever work together, so for two weeks it's been a wonky dizzying world I've been living in.
I've really not done much but one-eyed reading.
Last night I finished "Clementine Churchill" by her daughter Mary Soames.
I've also got another five books in progress.
It's supposed to snow all weekend, so I plan to sit by the fire and read all weekend long, just like I did last weekend.  It's an amazingly delightful way to spend snowy January weekends.  I'm also enjoying looking out my window at the snow, which is BRIGHT white with my fixed eye, and a gross sepia yellow with my not fixed eye.  What can I say.  I make my own fun!
 

1 comment:

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Judy,
I am glad you are taking care of this. Seeing is such a blessing!
hugs honey!
mel