Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, February 11, 2019

Celebrating Hertsje

 Whether I can believe it or not, Hertsje is now SEVEN!
We all gathered to celebrate her with donuts and presents!
There hasn't been a gathering like this since Christmas.
Hertsje has been a bubbly, enthusiastic, entertaining bundle of joy from day one and is still going strong after seven years! 
I'm sure she wonders how we all ever got along before she came along.
I wonder that too.
It's never hard to give gifts to her, as she KNOWS what she is passionate about and if asked, she will not hesitate to tell you.

Are you familiar with LOLs?
None of us were either.
I didn't actually get a picture of the set she got from her cousins (they are tiny with an abundance of even tinier pieces - well, not her cousins but the LOL) but you can tell from their reaction that it was enjoyable to watch her delight when she opened it up! 
Pake and I got her an easel with REAL paints and brushes (pake picked it out because she told him that was what she wanted).
I got her the box of paper and craft supplies as seen above.
We could not came to an agreement on what was the better choice, so we got both.
 Although THGGM hasn't mentioned it, from the pictures you can easily tell which one was her favorite of the two.
 All of the nieces and nephews are thrilled to have a Lego aunt and uncle.
As a bonus, he is willing to sit patiently with them while they put it all together. 
Ta Da!
For eight of the last 10 school days, the winter weather has closed schools. 
I believe these two are catching up on the skills they have learned playing games for a good portion of those days off!
In some regards, I'm not a big fan of children and technology.
But seriously, EIGHT DAYS without school and it's no wonder this becomes almost necessary for survival.
Here, it seems that they are exchanging new knowledge that they have gained.

Although I didn't take a survey, I think everyone had a really nice time being together again!

No comments: