Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Scattered Random Thoughts

My life.
1.  Have you noticed that I do not post much anymore?  Probably not, but it is only because I tend to do the same things over and over, and although I do not find that to be boring, I can easily see how anyone else would.  Boring is the art form in which I work best.
2.  Since mostly I see the grand kids all at once after school on Wednesdays, it can get a bit too crazy here to post about.  And, the older ones do NOT like having their pictures taken.  I understand that, but it is always hard for me to post a ton of pictures of a few of them, and none of the camera abhorrent ones.
3.  Although I DID take a picture of Jonge and Pake back to back today.  It looks like they are pretty close to the same height now.  At the moment, Jonge looks like Prince Albert from the series "Victoria".  Today when I saw him, that theme song started running through my head and has been playing nonstop since.  It's not Wednesday, but since it is conference week we picked them up today, stopped for hot fudge sundae's and brought the four of them here for awhile.  Next week both sets of grand kids will be on spring break, two of them headed to Florida by plane, and four of them road tripping to St. Louis and Atlanta.
4.  Today after breakfast THGGM and I did some antique shopping in Spring Lake, and then drove to Grand Haven.  Of all the days NOT to bring my camera!  The sky was an intense blue (thggm thinks it seems more intense to me only because i can now see the brightness of color now) the water was still, but very blue with white ice burgs bobbing along, and there were a pair of loons in the channel.  I cannot remember the last time I actually saw a loon, so that was exciting.  An interesting bird to watch, for sure.  And one would think that was enough bird excitement for the day, when over head appeared a pair of bald eagles!  They are always a thrill to see, but especially against all the bright blueness of the sky and water.  A camera would have been nice to have, but at least I had the enjoyment of the moment without trying to focus a camera on moving objects.
5.  Lasts week Thursday we went to the school down the street from us to see the play "The Diviners".  I tend to only like plays that I know something about, with actors that I know, and that was not true with this one.  But it was EXCELLENT, and we truly wanted to go see it again the next two nights.  Acting talent amazes me, especially in the form of high school students playing difficult parts involving extreme adult emotions - and doing it so well!  Oldest son knew the director, and also one of the lead actors, from plays he had directed or performed in, so he invited us to go with him.  So glad he did!  Did I mention that we loved it?  Because we did!
6.  When we exited the school to walk home there was the bright full moon shining on us.  Does it get better than that?  Walking home under a full moon?  I think not.
7.  After reading everything I could get my hands on about Queen Victoria, et al. and a slew of books on Clementine Churchill, I quit all that English history for a bit and started reading "A Users Guide to the Brain".  It goes without saying that I have learned a ton, and I'm sad to admit the book has been around for almost twenty years and I'm just getting to it now.  There is an ever so slight chance that I'm annoying people by throwing out my new found knowledge, but whatever.  It's what I do.
8.  It might become necessary for someone who loves me to put a lock on my computer at right around this time of night.  I've been known to be surprised in the morning at what I have ordered from Amazon or other reputable online stores at this time of night.  Apparently, the night time me thinks I need to own sweatshirts, cardigans, and tunics in a variety of clearance colors that the morning me would have sense enough not to purchase in multiples.  Maybe there will be something about that in the book I'm reading?  I will let you know.
9.  Every evening when I let the dog out there are two LARGE bunnies in our backyard.  Why do bunnies choose to live and breed in a yard with a dog?  This makes no sense to me.  Are they not afraid of dogs?  Sometimes Zeke will chase them, sometimes he almost seems friendly to them, which I find shocking as Zeke is not even all that friendly to me.  Anyway, I'm quite certain there will soon be more bunnies just staring off into space in our backyard soon.
10.  Last week, as THGGM was heading to his office in our basement some movement outside caught his eye.  This would have been just before four in the morning.  At the end of our neighbors driveway, which is directly in front of ours, there were THREE deer!  There are a few parks and wooded areas around us so it isn't unusual to see them occasionally in those places, but there are no parks or woods or ponds close to us!  I wish he would have woken me up to see this rare sight, but he is thoughtful and kind and thought it best not to.
Well there you have it.  My relentlessly thrilling life.  Everything has seemed so different in the past months that I've yet to feel at home in my own life.  I'll get there, but I can't say that it has been easy.  Hope life is treating you well!

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That's a pretty thorough update.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.