Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, March 31, 2019

So That Was Saturday

Yesterday we did not do any of our "regular" Saturday things.
Nope.
We both stayed put all day.
What did we do, you say?
Well, there was a lot of reading, talking, coffee drinking, and the eating of a Steenstra's Santa Claus cookie (or maybe two!).
Of course, the original plan was to knock out a few projects, but since we were enjoying ourselves just a bit TOO much, only one of those was accomplished!
The hanging of this sign!
Although it may look like only THGGM was doing the 'work', I'll have you know, I found the hanging wire for him (in the end, we did not need it) AND I handed him the hammer (which again, we did not need that either). 
As you can well imagine, after all that hard work we HAD TO just sit back, drink more coffee and look at it while commenting on how lovely it turned out!
"gezellig" is a Dutch word, that doesn't really translate well into English, but means something like "cozy".  Although, more so it describes that cozy feeling you experience when you are sitting around with people you love enjoying good coffee, great cookies (Steenstra's!) and excellent conversation.
For a few years now THGGM and I have been scouting out windows at area thrift and antique venues. 
Late last year THGGM found two of these windows for just over five dollars a piece.
I looked around on line for the perfect font, and decided that this one in all lower case looked the best to me.
The other window we gave to Daughter and Son-in-law, and asked Son-in-law if he could put the word "gezellig" on ours.
We could NOT be happier with how it came out!
Since his job is making signs, he knows a thing or two about fonts and centering and a plethora of things neither THGGM or I know about.
So, there you have it, what we did on Saturday!
Added one more window to our house of many windows.
Look, I tell you right up front that I am boring, and work hard at it, like it's the art form media I work in.
Yes. 
Yes I do.



No comments: