Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday of Our Vacation Week

I haven't been quick with pictures and postings.
It has been such a different summer here that I have not yet quite figured out what this summer looked like.
But, now it's over, which seems like a good time for me to do some more posting.

Our Sunday at the cottage was another WILD water day.

That is Jonge.
He's a great kid, but the wind and the waves do not obey him.
There were plenty of videos I took, but the WIND was soooo LOUD!

Strangely, this was only along the lake shore.

At the cottage, there was not much wind at all, and it was very pleasant!
 This was another STAY OUT OF THE WATER day.

THGGM and I sat on the deck and commented to each other that our entire family was in that lake.

Quite the rebels, apparently.

Yes, I still occasionally long for the days when I could throw them all into a play pen and view them like this.

But, I can't.

So I pray.

A LOT!
Oh look!
They all lived!
Feintje reminds me so much of my dad.
They have very similar personalities and ways of accomplishing things.
Earlier in the day I had said to one of my kids that I wonder if there isn't just a little bit of my dad in this boy he never met. 
Then, only hours later, Hertsje pointed out that I hadn't yet spilled coffee on my shirt (these kids KNOW me!).  Immediately after she said that, I spilled food on my shirt.  Feintje looked at me and said, "That's okay.  Just tell them you are saving it for later."  My dad said that ALL THE TIME!
And also like my dad, this one doesn't do anything without intense thought about what would be the best way.
Orderly, logically, and it must make sense to him.
Not sure either of them have ever said "whatever".
And Sunday was another day of no beach to be found.
Sigh...
The first two sunset weren't overly amazing, yet still pretty.
Not a boat to be seen, which is an odd sight on a weekend at Lake Michigan in the summer.

No comments: