Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Vacation Wednesday!

Look!

By Wednesday, the beach returned!

At least enough to actually CALL it a beach.

I love the morning shadows of the trees in the water. 
After all the churning of waves on the previous days, the water was quite cold.

The sun was warm though.

I wasn't in the sun, I was reading on the deck while wearing jeans and a hoodie. 

That is how I prefer it!
Everyone else prefers the beach and the water.


Rafts are attached to an anchor in the water.

It's the only way to SLEEP without fear of ending up in Wisconsin.
Not that Wisconsin wouldn't be the perfect destination.

But, it would be a LONG walk back!
The lake also churned up black sand.

Not to mention some rather large dead fish.

Oh, I have pictures of those, I've just decided it would be best not to post them.

I'm kind like that.
Kado has no problem going up and down those steps all day long.

I'm just glad there is a bench!
On the dune between the deck and the beach there were many milk weed plants and monarch butterflies.

Always something interesting to see!
The deck IS perfect for reading.

And naps.

And snuggling!
More games! 
A few sailboats came out of the channel into the lake, but most of them just turned right around.
So pretty when the setting sun reflects off the waves. 

I could watch it for hours, except that it only lasts for a very short time.
Perfect, picturesque  sunset.
Only a 40 minute drive from home.

I love going places that are not impossible to return to, often. 


No comments: