Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday of Our Vacation Week

Pake was the first one up, which isn't surprising since his work day begins at 3:30 am.

Each morning a very sleepy Feintsje arrived on the deck to have "coffee" with Pake. 

He had chocolate milk.

These kids are growing up so fast, it's nice to have a few who still like to snuggle! 
My favorite cottage activity, besides just being with family, was reading on the deck.

Truly, it's about all I did!

That, and answer the questions that came at me, difficult and deep questions like:

"Where's mom?"
"Do you have a bandaide?
"Where's mom?"
"Have you seen my towel?
"Where's mom?"
and..,
yes, you guessed it,
"Where's mom?"








I brought a few books with me, but mostly read Elizabeth Goudge's book "Towers in the Mist". 

When I chose it, I had no idea what it was about, but found it was centered around Oxford, in England, in the1500's.




Nothing better than looking up to this view while I pondered my reading, or "Where's mom?"
Games were played.

Morning, afternoon, and evening.

Such a fun vacation-y thing to do!
Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Son-in-law expertly worked on BBQ ribs.
Which, by the way, are FANTASTIC every year, and are enjoyed by all!
Probably the favoritest meal of the week!
We ALL looked like this by the time we were done, but Feintsje was the least likely to be offended by my taking his picture.
Ooo.  Tuesday was a great night for a picturesque sunset.
Wow.

I never ever tire of these!

No comments: