Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, September 16, 2019

So This Was Saturday

THGGM and I tend to avoid crowded places, but since it IS September, we went to Holland State Park on Saturday.
Plenty of people, but not summer crowded.
And boats, there were boats.
I had meant to take my camera, but we were part way there before I realized I had forgotten my purse, so no camera.
So instead I spent the first part of my beach time figuring out how to use the camera on my phone.
Hey.  I'm OLD.  Do not judge me.
I DID remember my book, my visor, and my reading glasses, so I was all set once I had the basics of the camera figured out.
This is a good book!
Last week we watched the movie that was made from the book.
It was good, but as usual, I'm liking the book even more!

And here is THGGM.
Lying in the sun, while I am in the shade, wearing jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and a jacket.
It still seemed a bit on the cold side to me, even dressed like that.
Must be the direct sun that makes the difference.
I prefer shade.
And skin that doesn't look like my worn leather purse I left at home. 

The sunset was gorgeous!
I especially liked how the light house looked.
We did not walk out on the pier.
But I took about a bazillion pictures of people silhouetted in the setting sun.
There were a great number of boats to watch, both coming and going.
We even got to wave to Hertsje and Broeder as they boated passed us, yelling our names and waving!
It took me about an hour to figure out how they even knew it was us!
Then I remembered!
I also posted a picture to my Facebook account.
Oh, yes!  I REALLY am learning new things!

This boat?  It belongs to Betsie DeVos. 
Didn't see her, just a lot of dressed up people.


So pretty!
I was hoping to catch a moon rise, but that didn't happen until we were almost all the way home.
It was full and GORGEOUS, but my phone camera and all the city lights didn't make for a very good picture, believe me, I tried. 

No comments: