Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, September 01, 2019

We Had a Last Day of Summer Vacation Party!

On the last Thursday before school starts for everyone, Kado requested that we have our annual Last Day of Summer Vacation Party!

I hadn't even realized it was a "thing", but I'm always happy to host these guys!

Kado remembered EVERYTHING we had done at past LDoSVPs, and put in his request a month early.

I checked back on past blog posts, and he was RIGHT!

TRADITION!  TRADITION!
The day was PERFECT!

It was cooler than usual, but that meant there was also bike riding, baseball playing, and of course, when rest was required they watched some weird Mine Craft videos.
I had to ask Feintje what was going on here, and he said he was just shaking all the water out of his ear!


They were playing some sort of game I couldn't quite understand.

It involved screaming "DESTROY!"

I was duly assured that they were NOT trying to drown each other.

It did take some convincing, but everyone seemed to think that my fears were totally unfounded.

The water was warmer than the air, so when I asked them to jump out for a minute while I took their picture, they worked very hard to persuade me that the edge of the pool would be good enough.

But, as I told Kado, you have YOUR traditions, and I have MINE.

So they got out, dear sweet obedient children that they are.
Wow.  They have all certainly gotten taller.

I took two pictures, and back in the pool they went.

Jonge had been here earlier, but had to leave for baseball practice.

Famke was spending the day with a friend.

I wonder how much longer these guys will let me line them up against the back of my garage?

Aren't they handsome and beautiful?


No comments: