Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, February 10, 2006

You Can Never Have Too Many Books, Can You?

Just in case you have been wondering what I have been reading lately...

I've emptied out the wooden box that sits under my coffee table and filled it up with some of the board books I've been collecting. I first started collecting them to use as 'altered books' - painted over with gesso and then painted or decoupaged on. But then I met my One-Year-Old Friend, and she delighted in the board books, so I began picking them up due to their content instead of just their paint-a-bility. Soon, my friend will be my Four-Year-Old Friend, and way to mature for silly little board books. So, lately I've been picking them up for 10 cents at my friendly neighborhood thrift store for Baby Boy. On Wednesday (and daily through most of the summer) children's books are only one thin dime.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

You must have the best thrift store! Our prices are not so cheap.