Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Twenty Five Cent Hardcovers


I must confess, I went to the thrift store tonight. I did this even though I haven't put away my treasures from vacation yet.
Yesterday, everything was 50% off. I didn't go.
Today, hardcover books were 25 cents. I found these three.
"The Chosen", because you actually cannot have too many of this book.
"The Story of a Bad Boy" because it is green, and, isn't that an interesting title? I figure if the book isn't any good, I could always use the cover as a scrapbook of sorts. It would be fun to alter! And, I have known a few 'bad boys' in my day.
"Poems for Enjoyment" I could not pass up. As an added bonus, it does have some green on it. It is a book very true to it's title. I've been reading it for the past hour, and it has been extremely enjoyable.
Those were my great finds.
I also found a glass candle stick, a little taller than the ones I have holding up my 'gazing balls'. So, now they are nicely staggered (see inky fingers at http://www.judyh58b.blogspot.com/).
That isn't all. I also bought a wooden rack that used to hold finger puppets for sale. Now, I only have three finger puppets, and do not really need a rack for them, so I will be searching for another use for it. It folds flat, so I can take my time looking. If nothing else, it will nicely hold thread.
I always find the best ribbons at this thrift store. I found a spool of velvet-ish red ribbon. I might just wrap it around a small tree 'garland style' for Baby Boy.
A good time was had by me.

No comments: