Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, April 24, 2007

If I Could, I Surely Would (well...maybe)

Doorbells TWICE (so far) have interrupted Baby Boy's nap this morning. Not that I'm complaining. Well, except that since THGGM painted the doorbells in the living room, he put them up backwards and instead of chiming DING DONG, they now chime DONG DING. Not that it would require a rocket scientist to change them. Although it would require ME to stand on something to reach it, and that is still frowned upon by my loving family. So, if you come to my front door and I answer it looking agitated, it isn't because of you. It's because of the DING DONG who DONG DINGED up my doorbell!

Anyway...

While Baby Boy is sleeping, I snuck off to http://www.curioussofa.blogspot.com/ They are having a sale on their Carol Bulton sofas. I have been crazy about Carol Bulton's stuff since her mother and sister first appeared in an issue of Home Companion many years ago. These sofas are selling for close to 2/3 off the original price.

I've found the one I want. And I DO have a birthday coming up soon.

Go look. I want the "Friends Sofa".

But, I will continue to be content with the love seat THGGM found at the thrift store.

I suppose that in the grand scheme of things, I might become a wee bit more upset were Baby Boy to draw on the "Friends Sofa" with the remains of his bottle.

If you are a person of 'means', go visit Curious Sofa and BUY yourself an original Carol Bulton. If you are a person of moderate means, simply visit and drool. If you are a mean person.., just go.

3 comments:

~Jennifer said...

"who DONG DINGED up my doorbell!"

LOL!

Those sofas ARE lovely!

oshee said...

The dong dinging would drive me nuts too. It's like listening to all but the last measure of a song. Left with a feeling of incompleteness.

MissKris said...

I found a hand painted wooden plaque with "Shhhhhhh...Baby is Sleeping!" written on it that I hang on the door when Dylan's napping. So far anyone who's stopped by has been very kind about just tapping lightly on the door, including the mailman and UPS guy. Ha...just be thankful your doorbell isn't wired to play "Here Comes the Bride" -- I wonder how something like THAT would sound backwards?! LOL!