Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, May 20, 2007

Saturday Antique Store Find


I found this great book at the antique store on Saturday.
For a children's school book from the 1940's it is in very good condition.
I saw a little bit of damage on one page, and a few finger prints throughout, but those could have been mine. One never knows.


I am agonizing over whether I should shelf it, or, cut it apart to make more vintage cards.
Now that I've found one teeny tiny rip, I think I might cut it up.



I want to know these children.
They seem nice.
They have fabulous names, like Jean, Don, Nancy and Bob.
I found something I've been looking for for quite some time at the thrift store too.
It has taken the better part of an hour to upload these three pictures, so it will have to wait.
This is NOT how I want to learn patience.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Judy,

I've hesitated in telling you this as I don't want to create false hope but I will give it a shot.

If you resize your photos they upload much more quickly on dial-up. Now there is the tedious manual way going through your photo program or there is the quick as a wink way.

The quick way is through you explorer. Now here is the hitch you have to have the right stuff. We have Windows XP I am assuming that it would be available in newer versions too. Also, we got it through an add-on download my husband did and here is the real stickler - we don't know which download. Tim just clicked through free downloads and added them and we haven't a clue which one this is. We tried to set my Dad up and never could.

But try this if the planets align your life will be simpler.

Select an image you want to download. Right click on it. If you have the little program the dialog box will give you an option for resizing pictures.

You should be able to figure out the rest from there. I size mine to the largest size and the files are still quite small, are very easy to see, and upload relatively quickly.

BTW I definitely have book envy. ;)

Yvonne said...

That book evokes memories of my early years in parochial school - the characters and the artwork all remind me of those days. Don't cut it apart!!!

Anvilcloud said...

I don't have the add-on that the above person is talking about, but you can resize pictures in a little program called Irfanview. It's a freebie and not hard to use. I imagine that you can also do it in Google's free program called Picasa. People who have tried it really seem to like it. As it is, Blogger is uploading that big file and just resizing it for your blog, but if you click on it, you see the very big version. When I use Blogger to upload pictures (I have other methods too), I generally resize to either 600 pixels or 800 pixels on the longest side.

Anonymous said...

Don't cut it up, please! It is too special.
By the way, my name is Nancy and my brother is Don, and we were both born in the forties.

Judy said...

Okay, okay...I won't cut it up! Really, I only can do that to books that are BADLY beaten up, and this one is still in good shape.

Thanks for the tips on resizing my pictures. I had a program that did it on my other computer, and this one might have one also, I just haven't been able to access it yet.

If I could, this blog would TOTALLY go to the birds.