Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Spring Break!


Monday when Pake finished work we took a trip to Meijer Gardens.

These two were WILD.
But, Monday was to be the BEST day of Spring Break weather-wise, so with a HIGH of 44, we went.

Today we had snow.  It's a good thing we went when we did.


I don't know about you, but I believe there is something beautiful in every season of the year.

Things that would never show up can be seen clearly with no leaves on the trees.
Isn't it LOVELY?
Our group even had a "map man" who helped to choose our course.

No GPS necessary.
Since most people go to Meijer Gardens this time of year to see the butterflies, it was not nearly so crowded everywhere else.

Also, I believe we ALL handle 44 degrees better than we do the hot and humid 85 degrees PLUS in with the butterflies. 
Somebody has quickly surpassed all of the women in his family, a couple of the men, and is on his way to  even greater heights.

Truly.  I can hardly believe it.
Every time we go, there is always SOMEONE who MUST pretend that a giant horse is about to stomp on them.


Climb the hill.
Roll down the hill.

Hard to believe that one of those boys had spent the previous morning vomiting.

Kids.
I could have stood here for a very long time.
But, I had to keep up.
After our hiking around most of us did go in to see the butterflies.

Seriously though, I don't think they were too much interested in them.

Maybe just enough to do a quick turn through it.

Famke was spending the day with a friend, but I think she would have appreciated it more than her brothers did.
Having been out in the cold and then into the heat made my camera lens fog up.

I did get a couple of pictures, but most of them were a bit misty.


No comments: