Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, July 09, 2018

Summer Birthday Party for Kado and Feintsje

It was a warm, sunny afternoon, perfect to celebrate the birthdays of Kado and Feintsje.
Kado is now NINE years old, and Feintsje is now SEVEN.
The two "cousins" from our side of the family, Hertsje and Broeder, are still on a family vacation with their "other" cousins, but there were no shortage of cousins from Son-in-laws side of the family.  He is the oldest of six.  I think these kids are going to have many cousins to go through life with, which I think is wonderful, as my cousins meant so much to me growing up!
This is Famke with the youngest of her girl cousins.  There are three other girl cousins, one who lives in Georgia.  They got to see her a few weeks ago.
Son-in-law and Daugther host excellent parties.
This guy knows his way around a grill.
There was a TON of great food.
Oh, and he also built a table just the day before the party.
A table that comfortably seats fourteen.
This man has so many fantastic skills, one of them being a terrific father to his four children.

My two sisters came too!
One lives about an hour north of me, and the other about an hour south, so it is always great when we get to see them and their families.
Daughter with her adorable youngest nephew.
I cannot begin to tell you how excited her three sons were to finally have a BOY cousin on that side of the family. 
 Oh, Charley.
I love this dog so much.
He is a sweetheart.
THE BIRTHDAY BOYS!
He is also getting very old.
But he certainly did perk up for the party!
Even he knows a good party when he sees one.

They did get a bunch of presents!
Kado
Feintsje
Grandparents of NINE, Eight who were at the party!
 The cake was amazing!
I had two bites.
Cousins AND Best Friends!

Daughter-in-law, sporting her new sassy haircut!
Seriously.
The cake was so good!
In the back ground you can see my brother-in-law and his grandson, Great Nephew.  He was excited to see Kado, now that they are BOTH nine.
It used to bother Kado that Great Nephew ALWAYS got to be a year older before he did.
One year, Kado even decided that it would be more fair if HE got to have his birthday first
By now though, Kado has figured out how that all works.

Son-in-law's Brother with his son.

My grandchildren are over having me take pictures of them.
It was fun to zoom in on these cuties without having them stick their hands in front of their faces!
My niece and her husband also came to celebrate.
They come from about an hour east of us.
See what I mean about Son-in-law and Daughter hosting great parties?
People truly come from all over just to go to their parties!
One of my other nieces is on the left.
She is Great Nephews mom.
She also came from about an hour north of us.
We shall be having two more summer birthday parties for grandchildren.
Broeder, who is now FIVE, and Famke who will be ELEVEN in one month!

No comments: