Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, August 01, 2022

Monday At the Cottage

Monday morning came in with a howling wind that began about 2:30 AM.

Little bit of either rain, or water from the lake blowing around.

I enjoyed the view from the porch, with my computer, camera, and coffee.
Once the sun came out, I checked out the damages.

One geranium stem, the only casualty. 

And for those of us who didn't pin our beachwear to the line, there was this.
The sun was lovely, the waves were rough, but the SUN was shining. Do notice THGGM on the deck. 
I could watch the lake all day. So I did exactly that. 
Oh, and I watched the sky too. I find it interesting how the gulls keep flying no matter how strong the wind.

The evening proved to be great for sunset watchers.
Oldest Son recently purchased a new camera. He captured many amazing close-ups with this zoom capabilities. I left my zoomy camera at home. On purpose. I'm kicking myself for that. What was I thinking? This is why most of my pictures of family in the water consists of the tops of their heads.
THGGM waiting for the sunset show.
The sunsets  on Lake Michigan rarely disappoint. 
The lighthouse in Holland, Big Red, is about three miles away from us.

This is as close as I can zoom in with my camera. 

Sigh...
Goodnight!
 

No comments: