Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, July 15, 2005

Prayer for Oldest Son

Today I got one of those phone calls today that no one likes to get.

"There's been an accident."

Oldest Son took a bad fall on a waterslide at camp and broke his leg, above the ankle, in three places. Two spiral breaks and one vertical.

He was taken to a small hospital in a town 'up north' and had surgery late this afternoon. He now has a plate and three screws in his leg.

Daughter-in-law and her mother were able to fight frightening traffic around Chicago to get here by nine tonight.

When we left, Oldest Son was resting somewhat comfortably in a drug induced fog.

So much for random summer thoughts.

6 comments:

Marguerite said...

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh....so sorry and prayers for a good recovery!
Elizabeth

Anvilcloud said...

Drat!

Heather Plett said...

So sorry Judy.

Loner said...

So sorry to hear about your son - I'll add him in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Judy, how is your son doing? I hope he is getting better and you are getitng a bit of peace!
hugs
mel