Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, July 15, 2005

Random Summer Thoughts

It is very hot and humid in my corner of the world. I do not like it. Heat and humidity cause my shaky-at-best mental capacity to short out, leaving me in a murky brain fog. And, to top it off, I have a headache. Consequently, my thoughts are even more random than usual.

Random Summer Thought #1 - While having lunch in Kalamazoo last week with my sisters, I got to wondering why there isn't 'super hero' underpants for people our age (mid 40's - mid 50's). There could be Oprah and Dr. Phil underpants, those would go over big with some people. The religious book stores could sell Billy Graham underpants, or Rick Warren. On the 'Wild at Heart' theme, there could be a David loin cloth for those guys. Even a line of mink underpants, with Adam and Eve in mind. The 'Laughing Sarah' panty-liner for those a bit older would probably sell well also.

RST #2 - Craft projects for children. Is it the finished product that is important, or the process? I used to think it was the finished product, but my thinking has shifted (or, quite possibly quit altogether) and I now believe the true benefit is in the process. Or, is this just an excuse? I have about 30 million 'processes' going on around here, and little along the lines of completion to show for it.

RST #3 - How are our brains being effected by all of the wireless technology happening all around us? I can't quite blame all of my mental fatigue on heat, humidity, heft and hormones.

RST #4 - If everyone in the entire world suddenly came around to MY way of thinking and MY way of doing things, the world would still would not be a perfect place. So much for drumming up converts to my way.

RST #5 - One can make a pretty good giant-sized sunflower with trash-picked foam and junk from around the house (at least this one can).

RST #6 - Shouldn't we be hopeful that the world can become a better place, and in our lifetime? Doomsday is evil, and I'm not going to sit around waiting for it to happen.

RST #7 - I can't even grow weeds. Really. I can't. I planted zinneas, which I was told are a 'weed' to serious gardeners, as they grow like them. NOTHING came up. NOTHING. I do have serious looking thistles coming up all over. These grow to about six feet, and have interesting looking purple/blue flowers. I can't pull them up, as they also have deadly spikes growing out of every leaf and the stem.

RST #8 - I baked my cookies on the kitchen counter, and put them in the 350 degree oven to cool.

RST #9 - Last night I talked to someone with only one hobby. I wish she had two. I wish it was a hobby of teaching a class on how to have only one hobby. Hers is music, particularly piano. Mine are playing the piano, gluing stuff, altering boxes, making cards, thrift shopping, antique shopping, calligraphy, crocheting, reading blogs, writing, reading, collecting books, and those are just the hobbies that are surrounding me at my dining room table at the moment. I would add 'teaching classes to those who want to succeed at having more than one hobby' but, I'm not qualified.

RST #10 - I really like Blue popsicles. Orange ones are a waste. Red and Purple do in a pinch, but really, in my world it is all about Blue. I do so like blue food. Blue Moon ice cream is my favorite, and I love blue Sweet Tarts. Yesterday I put three what I thought were blue Sweet Tarts into my mouth at the same time, and discovered much to my surprise that they were some SICK candy known as Shock Tarts. These things caused an overwhelming amount of saliva to form in my throat and I nearly choked to death. You can even ask my sister, as she walked in the door as I was gasping for air.

This ends today's installment of Random Summer Thoughts. I have things to glue...um...I mean...DO.

4 comments:

Melodee said...

My husband only likes banana popsicles. That's my random contribution for the day.

Anvilcloud said...

I baked my cookies on the kitchen counter, and put them in the 350 degree oven to cool.

Humour is always appreciated.

Heather Plett said...

LOL!

RST#1 - Too funny! You might enjoy "Truth is Stranger than Fiction" over at the Wittenburg Door, where you can order prayer panties and Jesus bikinis! http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/archives/stranger.html

RST #7 - Right there with ya! I have a black thumb.

RST #9 - are you sure you're not talking about MY dining room table?

Marguerite said...

I have four knitting projects going and one more Harry Potter book to read before starting the new one that's going to be delivered today. That is more than my feeble, heat baked brain can keep track of.

Is that what we do? Keep adding projects until our brain can no longer decide what to do next?

Take heart. You are obviously more advanced than I am.