Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, September 23, 2005

Partial Bed Rest

Daughter visited the doctor today. Seems those back pains and stomach cramps she has been having this week were labor pains.

She is partially effaced and dialated one centimeter.

Hmmm. They sttarted the day after she worked a 10 hour shift.

She's been put on bedrest. What she is actually doing at the moment is going camping three hours north of here. She says that will be restful. She says they have a cellphone.

Next week begins her third trimester.

I feel sick.

7 comments:

Melodee said...

Oh dear. I hope she takes it easy!

Anonymous said...

Oh deal...that does not sound good!! Encourage her to do just what doctor says to do!! Being on one's feet too long will do that...I moved from the basement to our finished upstairs (main floor) when we were building our house...and from carrying stuff up and down stairs, I had pains for the next day! But I was careful after that and the baby came on time, 6 weeks later.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh.....i can hear self to my kids, WHEN they had to listen to me..."just what were you thinking??" now, i stand in the same helpless shoes you do. and it ain't easy.

Anonymous said...

by saying "listen" i did not necessarily mean obey. two different acts entirely.

Judy said...

Daughter cannont disappoint a friend. CANNOT. Her and Son-in-law are camping with friends. It's a big deal, their only vacation this year.

Haven't heard anything yet, so that is good news.

At least that is what I'm telling myself. I'm ignoring the voice in my head that says 'remember all the trouble you had getting a cellphone connection along the lake shore?'

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I truly hope all is well with your daughter. What a worry this must be.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that no news is good news for you all!! Hope the wee one is doing ok! And daughter and grandma too!!

My littlest grandbaby...9 months is doing better today...scary when they fall ill so little and young!
Elizabetj