Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, October 14, 2005

A Difference in Personality

I am a Meyers/Briggs INTJ.

Daughter is an ESFP.

You cannot get more opposite than that.

Together, it would seem, we would make one well balanced personality.

Let me tell you how this difference showed itself yesterday.

Oh, and let me first say, the mouse that drowned in the dog's water bowl did not live alone.

Barb, our beloved cat in whom we are well pleased, LOVES to cuddle up on Daughter's pregnant tummy. She walks in the door, and he ushers her to the couch and nuzzles right in.

But yesterday, he left for a moment. Really. It was just a moment.

Then, he came back. He gingerly approached Daughter, who reached down to pick him up.

That's when the differences in personality appear.

Barb had just a tail sticking out of his mouth.

Daughter screamed at the top of her lungs and shot up in the air a good five feet. She landed standing on the couch, and kept that pose as she shouted out a play by play.

This is what I did. I IMMEDIATELY rolled into a fetal position and pulled a blanket over my head.

That, my friend, is how you tell the difference between an INTJ and an ESFP.

3 comments:

Heather Plett said...

I can relate. I am an ENTP and my husband an ISFJ - also complete opposites.

Melodee said...

Ha! That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you 2 are going to have to get a plan...soon baby will be here and you will need to protect the little fella. Maybe sending the cat onto another home...well, at least he won't be bringing surprizes right? Not to you anyway.
Elizabeth