Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Fear of Mine

I fear I am going to have a grandchild by the name of "Superman". This is why.

Daughter has a terrible time deciding what she wants. She doesn't yet know the sex of the baby, but she hasn't a clue what to name Baby either.

She has been like this since she was very young.

We would load up into the car for a 45 minute trip to the Lake Shore, and would end the day with a trip to Temptations, the ice cream shop. It was a mile walk.

As we got into the CAR, it would begin. 'Now honey, decide what kind of ice cream it is that you will want to get' (several hours from now). Oldest Son and Youngest Son knew exactly what they wanted. Daughter would develope ulcers trying to decide.

The rule was, if she couldn't decide by the time THGGM placed the order, she would get Superman ice cream.

But then, Superman is a very nice name. Nicknames abound. Clark Kent, Lois Lane. And, did I just read somewhere that Nicholas Cage named his son Superman's REAL name?

I already have names picked out. She doesn't like them. This doesn't surprise me, as she never liked Butter Pecan ice cream either.

Just in case, I'm prepared to name the baby. I've picked out Sophia for a girl, and Ezra for a boy. She doesn't like either of these.

Hopefully she still has a long ride until the ice cream shop.

7 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Sounds like my oldest daughter. I've had to drag her out of stores because of the threat that "if she didn't pick in 5 minutes, we were going home with nothing." Perhaps your Superman solution is better as at least then she goes home with SOMETHING.

Heather Plett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melodee said...

I like the names you've picked out.

Anonymous said...

Funny story! One of my favorite parts about working in the NICU is seeing what names parents come up with. Of the babies we currently have in the nursery, my favorite name is Ava Grace.

Anonymous said...

i read daughters blog too and hasnt she found out what baby is?

Judy said...

Daughter doesn't have a blog.

But, it is her birthday today, and we have all chipped in to get her a 3D ultra sound TODAY!

So, she will find out TODAY, on her birthday.

Anonymous said...

sorry...must have gotten you mistaken with someone else!