Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What's Up in Judyland

Yesterday and Today I accompanied Daughter to two doctor's appointments.

The reports were very good. Since she is not progressing any farther, she is back to partial bedrest.

We left the doctor today and went directly to lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Then, a very quick stop at the thirft store with the 10 and 25 cent books (now on Wednesday only).

The Husband God Gave Me gets home a day early this week. I can't wait.

I have four new piano books I am itching to play from. Lately, something is always going on where the grand piano is. After playing a grand piano, plunking on a portable keyboard sitting on my dining room table just isn't good enough for me. Bach would not approve. Neither would Schaum. Beethoven, maybe.

I've finished reading "Evening Class". It was great. I'm going to have to go back and read the first few chapters again, as I could tell by the end that I missed some relavent stuff along the way. This happens because I read late into the night. I can't remember who the Malone's were. Or, Marianne.

I bought Whethering Heights and Jane Eyre in the lovely green color of my living room stack of books. I'm weird that way. I like stacks of green books.

There's a funny looking mouse in my kitchen. I have blocked off and covered up all the suspected entries. Two nights ago, as it ran right in plan sight and noticed I had blocked his way into my stove, it stood up on it's back legs and gave me a look. A look. Had I any sense at all I would have whacked it with something heavy. But, I've no sense at all. I just screamed. Very loud. It screamed back. I got my cat. He tried valiantly, but then he noticed a can of cat food on the counter and lost all interest in being a 'hunter-gatherer'. The mouse hunkered down behind my cookbooks.

My old dog is fine. We are changing her name from Niki to Miss Peesalot. She is deaf. She will never know.

It is so hot here today it isn't even funny. Not that hot is ever funny, but, it being October 5 and MICHIGAN, I would like to wear a SWEATER. I cannot believe that that is asking too much.

I also cleaned out the fireplace, and would like to use it. But, no. The AC is running. The attic fan is on. And we are not cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it is not sweater weather yet there...I guess we in NC have no hope!! It was in the low 80's here today...just one day so far this fall has it been cool enough to turn off the air conditioner for half a day and open the window! Soon the ice and snow will come...and then we have to have heat...I do not like this land of 2 seasons...I am a 4 season person myself!!

Glad to hear baby is coming along well...and mama too! That is GOOD news!

You simply must get some better traps, Girl!! Living with mice is not nice...nor is it sanitary...they leaving their poops everywhere.

I am sorry to hear you also have a "pee-hound"...that is what we call ours. I lock her up in her "airplane box" at night as she will not tell us to let her out...but she will bark VERY loudly to wake us up VERY early every morning...no sleeping in with her! ARGH....why did our kids grow up and leave home...we still have something getting us up before we are ready to get up!!

Thanks for the update!
Elizabeth

Melodee said...

The cold is coming! Hold on!