Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, February 10, 2007

High School Meme

Year of High School Graduation - 1976

1. Who was you best friend?
My best friend in high school was THGGM. Although then he was just TBFGGM.

2. What sports did you play?
None. Unless "Hard to Get" is a sport.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
I occasionally took my dad's '66 Buick LeSabre to school.

4. It's Friday night, where were you?
Football game, Basketball game or working.

5. Were you a party animal?
No. I have NEVER liked parties.

6. Where you in the "In Crowd"?
I don't think so. THGGM thinks I was. It was a very small high school with only 100 in our graduating class.

7. Ever skip school?
No. But we did do something called "selling advertising" for journalism/yearbook class which was about the same as skipping!

8. Ever smoke?
No.

9. Were you a nerd?
No.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
No.

11. Can you sing the alma mater?
Yes, I can. Sometimes I still sing it just for fun. (if i wasn't a nerd then, i certainly am now)

12. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Brisbin

13. Favorite Class
English

14. What was your school's full name?
Lee High School

15. School Mascot?
Rebel Soldier, Confederate Flag

16. Did you go to Prom?
THGGM and I went to our Jr. Prom, but not our Sr. Prom. I think we were just too cool by then.
Anyway, it's a party, and I don't like parties.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
I would love to relive 9-11 grade. My senior year was just too emotional for me. I haven't recovered from it yet. We did not attend our 30 year reunion this year because I could not stand the thought of reliving that year.

18. What do you remember most about graduation?
How HOT it was.

19. Favorite memory of your senior year?
I had a great schedule. I do remember that! All through high school I had choir first hour. Truly, starting out every day singing was a great experience.

20. Were you ever posted on the senior wall?
If that means 'honor roll', yes.

21. Did you have a job your senior year?
Yes. I worked at Roger's Department Store.

22. Who did you date?
My senior year, only THGGM.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Home. I had lunch with my mom and dad every day of my senior year. Except, of course, those days I borrowed the LeSabre and THHGM and I went out to 'sell advertising'.

24. Have you gained weight since then?
Hahahahahahahahaha! I weighed 114 pounds when THGGM and I began dating.

25. What did you do after graduation?
IMMEDIATELY after graduation? THGGM and I went out for ice cream with my mom and dad. The next day I went to my full time job at Systematics, doing data entry. I LOVED it.

6 comments:

Geekwif said...

What a fun meme! I'd steal it, but I was home-schooled, so most of this stuff would be n/a for me.

How cool that you're married to your high school sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Steal it anyway! I got it from Kris' site, and she got it from someone else...

I'm hoping my homeschooled son will do it. It could be really fun! I do hope I was his favorite teacher.

Judy

MissKris said...

Yeh, I'd say the field of teachers to choose from is mighty slim for THAT son, haha! I loved doing this meme even tho high school was not a stellar time in my life. My best friend Lizzee and I plan all year long...sort of...to attend each reunion...10,20,30...but then we talk each other out of it. But, boy, do we pour over the photos of those who DO attend, HA! I wouldn't recognize 99% of them any more if I passed them on the street. 52-53 is pretty far removed from 17-18! If Lizzee survives this very serious illness and the surgery she'll be facing this week, I really do think we oughta try for our 40th in 2012.

Unknown said...

I actually did this one (or one very similar) on MySpace, but I'll post it on my blog so you can read it.

daisymarie said...

This brought back such interesting memories.
I never learned the words to the alma matre because I was in the band and always playing it. lol.
My senior year they finally decided to have open lunches and because I was working I had cash to blow and I loved Wendy's and Burker King. Ah, that's where the battle of the bulge began!

Debra said...

How fun! Many of my answers would be very similar to yours, others would be very different. :) Maybe I'll be brave enough to try this one on my blog. Maybe. :) Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Debra