Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, February 08, 2007

Randomly I Roll a Long...

I really like this picture of my mom watching Baby Boy's silly antics. She and my dad could not come to visit today. My dad took a fall yesterday in their parking lot while carting groceries into the house and hurt his ankle. So, he is home with his leg up.

Those two.

They just CANNOT stay put. I have told them, and my sisters have both told them, to let us know what they need and we will BRING IT TO THEM. But, I think at this point in their lives they are driving each other nuts and just WANT to get out.

And now for the happy news! When I checked the washing machine last night we had water! Hooray! The pipes have thawed. They were frozen since Sunday night, but with only THGGM and I here I could only come up with two loads of laundry. TWO LOADS. Oh, the days I dreamt of are upon me!!! I remember in the days of yore when the entire basement floor would be knee deep in dirty clothes and I would wonder if it was even possible to catch up. Now I know that it is.

And now for an observation. Baby Boy entertained himself for thirty minutes today in his Pack-N-Play by playing with a baby wipe. Only a baby wipe. It seemed it could be used as a blanket, a doll, an airplane a car, and also he had a delightufl time washing down the rails along the top. He sang to it, he cuddled it and he scrubbed his head with it. His mother, at that same age, would have swallowed it whole and flossed her insides with it.

3 comments:

daisymarie said...

And if not swallowed it whole, would have torn it into a bazillion pieces and eaten them one at a time...

Judy said...

Oh, you KNOW the type I'm speaking of!

MissKris said...

We go thru these same worries with my in-laws. Tried talking Dear Hubby's mom out of driving but nope...and then she got in a serious car accident a few years ago -- pulled out in front of an approaching car on a busy highway -- and that put the kabosh to THAT! Now it's trying to talk her in to using a cane around the house. She and my dad-in-law are alone most of the day and she's so unsteady on her feet because of Parkinson's. She's fallen a few times but so far no serious injuries. He's bedridden and vegetative so no help there!! It'll probably take a broken hip to finally convince her she needs HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vanity, vanity...all is vanity.