I had a delightful Mother's Day today!
I do believe that my mom did, too.
Seventeen of us gathered at my sister and brother-in-law's house. The weather, the food, the company could not have been better. Except, of course, if those who weren't there had been there. (Merideth, Jon and Chris - you were missed!).JPG)
Baby Boy had a delightful time too. He got to show us his new hair cut, which of course made him look MUCH older. MUCH. He played ball with the big boys and even got to ride on the lawn mower. 
Here, Oldest Son and Daughter are trying their hand at catching crayfish. None came up out of the water, but there were all different sizes of them running on the bottom of the pond. It was really fun to watch.
Daughter even spotted deer tracks. 
There is something about my family that causes us to gather around water.
There is something about my family that causes us to gather around water.
Nobody fell in. Which is truly remarkable. At least, had they fallen in, they wouldn't have had to ride home with us, so it wouldn't have mattered to me at all.

3 comments:
I am really upset that I was unable to be there, especially after hearing about all the good food, fun, friends, and family. It makes it even harder knowing that you ate my caramel brownie.
I was planning on being here in Toronto to meet with my advisor about my thesis, but it turned out that there isn't really much to meet about. He told me on Friday that my thesis proposal was good, and to start writing it, and that he really didn't know of anything I should have to keep an eye out for.
So now it seems that I have missed Mother's day and the only reason I missed it was so that I could transfer money from my US account to my Canadian account to cover for rent. AHHHHHHH!
A lovely day was had by all, so it sounds. My Mother's Day was very quiet...very mellow. The kids were in Seattle most of the weekend for a Mariners game and to visit a friend. My daughter was home and kept coming up to hug me and tell me what a great mom I am...pretty good, coming from a 30 year old, haha! She gave me rosebuds and a lovely gift, too. Dear Hubby went to visit his mom but I'd spent a bazillion Mother's Days over there thru the years. Now I'm selfish and spend it MY way...quiet and mellow. Oh my...Baby Boy DOES look so grown up. Dylan's not far behind, but the first hair cut is SO bittersweet. Babyhood is so fleeting....sigh........
Looks like a great day, especially those brownies (below).
Post a Comment