Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Funday Monday



This picture is dark and blurry due to a migraine that attached itself to my head at 3:30 this afternoon.


Jonge, Famke and my parents were here. But Daughter and THGGM returned shortly after I was hit with it, so I managed.


So, before the last bit of my memories of today disappear into pieces of fitful dreams, I must record a few things.


I bought one more 25 cent thing at the thrift store which I failed to note in the post below. It was a plastic sandwich bag containing two Fisher Price Little People, a FP chair, a small doll and a pink barrette. Thinking that these were things that Famke may enjoy someday, I put them into the toy drawer.


Jonge discovered the bag and played with the toys for a short time. Then, he brought me the barrette, which I had not even noticed was in the bag. I put it in Famke's hair (of course, this reminded me that Famke's sweet fair-haired mother didn't have enough hair until she was three to support a barrette, and once she had the hair - refused - to wear them). Anyway, Famke looked smashing in the pink barrette. But, Jonge requested it back.


I gave it to him. He insisted that I put it in his hair. INSISTED. His exact words 'mine please beppe pink hat'. All while tapping the top of his head.


We argued for a while about how it was not a hat, but a barrette. I explained that I had never seen a boy wear a barrette before. Daddy doesn't, Pake doesn't, Pa doesn't. He really can give me a look that says 'you idiot'. He used the exact words 'mine please beppe pink hat', but emphasized patting his head, which as any 'Signing Time' watcher KNOWS means hat. So, I put the pink barrette in his hair. He smiled a fabulously endearing smile, while saying 'mine pink hat'.


This was at, oh, about 10 this morning.
Jonge ate lunch while wearing 'mine pink hat'.
He took a two and one half hour nap while wearing 'mine pink hat'.
He happily showed his mommy 'mine pink hat'.
He ate dinner with 'mine pink hat' perched upon his cute little brown-haired head.
Pake read him books with 'mine pink hat' directly under his wary eyes. Pake removed 'mine pink hat'. Lower lip quivering from Jonge and a stern rebuke from yours truly and Pake returned 'mine pink hat' to it's proper resting place.

Jonge left tonight at 8:00 still wearing 'mine pink hat' in his hair. Right smack-dab in the center of his head. Not even Pake's refusal to walk him down to see the 'bookball' players with that thing in his hair would persuade him to remove 'mine pink hat'.

Also tonight, I got a phone call from my mom. She had been here for most of the day, so I thought that maybe she had forgotten something here (oh, wait. she has forgotten just about everything.) Anyway...
She called to tell me that they were back from their trip to Wisconsin. They had a WONDERFUL time. Although, she told me that my aunt was taking care of someone's baby, and she never could figure out whose baby it was. But, she went on about what an adorable little girl she got to see while she was there.

I did not correct her. I did not tell her that she was at my house all day. I did not tell her that the adorable baby she got to see was Famke. Famke, the baby who was actually screaming into the phone the entire time I was talking to her. She never made the connection. Just told me how sorry she was that I didn't go with them.

If my head did not hurt so much already, I might cry. But, crying never makes me feel better. Because I do not cry tears. The tears just back-up into my head and make it all hurt even worse.

So, I choose to laugh. It hurts less.
Oh. And Famke threw-up on me twice today. Her one bottle of formula a day isn't sitting so well on her tiny tummy. It didn't sit so well on me, either. It sort of slithered down my neck...
Which reminds me. Jonge fed the cat salami today. Barb swallowed it whole and threw it up under the kitchen table during lunch.
I'd forgotten about that until just now.
Oh, goody.




2 comments:

nancyr said...

Oh what a day!
I can so relate to you with your mom.
The other day, I asked my mom, who has Alzheimer's if she knew who I was, and she replied, "My mother"!
So, I aged a lot that day, in more ways than one.
One of my little grandson's went through the liking pink phase, at age two. His mother laughed about it, but I'm not sure his dad did!
Hope the rest of the week goes well.

Mrs. Darling said...

I just now read this post...very late I know. My heart goes out to you. My mother has just been diagnosed with PLS which is a sister to Lou Gherigs. The big diff is that with PLS you actually suffer from dementia and often totally lose your mind. THe doctor said that my mom is already in the early stages of dementia. Its all been so hard. Thanks for letting me spill it here.