Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 14, 2007

The $&%^# Wallpaper

I did manage to fit in some thrift/antique shopping over the weekend. I hardly spent any money at all. Some of my finds were fabulous, some were just things I thought looked interesting, but were not all that great of buys.



The flowers on the table are Daughters. Son-in-law sent them to her for her birthday. They spent the week-end in Illinois, so I got to enjoy the flowers all weekend. They are beautiful, and smell lovely!







I was sure I had a copy of "The Yellow Wall-paper" but since I did not find it when we moved, I thought I'd better pick up this one. It was only a dollar, but being a Dover Thrift to begin with it was only $1.50 when new. The pin was the highest priced thing I bought, and was probably the item worth the least. But, I have a place for it.




The restaurant china pitcher was only 25 cents. Buying these piece by piece is SO inexpensive.


I also found two very old piano books for 25 cents each. They are fabulous. Except, in the olden days, nobody seemed to care if everything was written in 4+ sharps or flats.


Possibly I will not be finding these for so cheap, as the cashier noted how old they were.


Oh, that little blue stroller was a quarter also. I'm thinking I could pop one of my doll-house babies into it for a Christmas tree decoration. Hopefully I will be able to find a pink or white one for Famke.


I did spend some time on Saturday reading "The Yellow Wallpaper". Since it is all about getting rid of ugly wallpaper, it fit in so nicely to my battle with the wallpaper in my pink bathroom.


Now stop reading if you do not want the book spoiled for you.


The first time I read it, I actually thought it was the husband who made the woman go crazy.


Now that I am older, wiser, and have lived with more than my share of hideous wallpaper, I understand it SO much better.


And if you see me...creeping along the walls of my bathroom...you will understand...it's because of the stinkin' wallpaper!!


It's made me crazy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are tooooooo funny. Great purchases. I am glad you have restraint. I don't. I would buy us out of house and home if I keep going to the thrift store.