Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November Yard Work

Such a pretty fall day today is! I took my pruning sheers outside today to 'have at' my peony bushes. While pruning them I discovered several lovely stalks of this purple flower. Anyone know what it is? And, why is it blooming on November 13?





I've always wanted one of these bright red bushes, and now I have two! Doubly blessed, that's me!


The hard maples, of which I am also doubly blessed (although they are on the 'city' side of the sidewalk) have just turned a lovely shade of golden yellow. I just stood under them for a little while, basking in their golden loveliness.





And, this lovely rusty/red maple tree in the front yard makes for a perfect view out my front window.
I love trees. I truly feel blessed to call these my own!
(especially this year, when we are paying someone to rake them up for us!)

1 comment:

Pat said...

I think this feeling you express was shared by a lot of people in Michigan today, I know I felt the same way. I love that red bush/shrub. What's it called? Is it one of the Chinese lantern thingys?