Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Unequivocally THE Most Boring Blogger


That would be me.

I'm rather sure that this is true.

Today, my only day of the week to be at home alone, this is what I did.

Made phone calls. I HATE to make phone calls. I LOVE to write emails, but sadly, not all that many people respond favorably to that. I've even had people say, 'let me call you'. NO! If I wanted to talk that way I would have called you! I like to write. And, annoy THGGM by talking when he is concentrating on falling asleep or waking up.

Oh, and if anyone knows how to get my mother into a nursing care facility before she wanders off, please SEND ME AN EMAIL. Do not call. I can't TALK about it. But, I can write. (i've placed several calls today and sent several emails)

Cut down my peony bushes. I am terribly proud of this accomplishment. I've even boxed it up. And, the place to bring boxed up peony bush crud is directly behind my unfriendly neighborhood thrift store. Where, tomorrow, hardcovers are 25 cents and children's books and paperbacks are 10 cents.

Since I was outside, I took pictures around the yard. Not even particularly good pictures. But, it felt good to be outside. It's about 60 and the sun is shining. I do wish the yard, or a section of it, was fenced in. I feel exposed.

Brought more potential art supplies into my basement rooms. Saturday when I was down there a huge bee appeared out of nowhere. I actually stared into it's weird looking eyes. So, I had no plans to stay down there today. Where would a bee have come from?

I didn't see the bee today, so I looked around for a good place to put all of my rubber stamps. I didn't find one.

I was about to make coffee. But, I forgot. Now I must ask myself, 'is four o'clock too late for me to drink coffee?' Last week I had a can of pop at 10, and was thumbing through a magazine at 2:00 AM. I remember that I found some great ideas in that magazine, but I cannot remember what they were, or which of several new magazines it was that I was reading.

Now, if that's not boring, I don't know what is.

I've also been meaning to call for a blood test order. I have talked to my doctor's office several times this week. About my mom. I forget EVERY TIME to ask them to set me up for a blood test. I NEED one, as my blood sugar is all erratic. But, I keep forgetting.

Rising and falling blood sugar is no fun. But, it's still boring.

I did manage to get a huge box out of my kitchen closet. I am seriously under-using my closet space in this house. I thought I would miss large walk-in closets, but, I don't. Too much stuff gets lost in those. I like these. I open the door and there is my stuff.

Today I folded up my summer shirts and put them in a drawer. Surprising, isn't it, that a movie has not been made of my life.

Prepping the house for holiday decorating. This is hard work, people. What to do with all the fall stuff? I gave away my pumpkin pie pumpkin. I still have three small white ones that are only beginning to show signs of decay. My plan is still to clean off the tops of everything, dust and polish it, and find a very nice spot to put all of the fall decor away. I would put it where the Christmas stuff goes, but, there is no 'goes' spot here for that yet. It's all just standing all forlorn in the garage.

THGGM is planning to load up on coffee and rework the garage tonight. He's sick of having to scrape the car in the morning.

My coffee is ready. Daughter called and Jonge and Famke are going to spend a small amount of time with me this afternoon. I will need that coffee.

See you at 2:00 AM, maybe.

(update: should have skipped the coffee. but, joy of joys! the car is IN the garage!)




4 comments:

Tarasview said...

Actually, I don't think you are boring at all. I think you are hilarious. I also think we may be kindred spirits because I also HATE making phone calls. Hate it.

Have a great day!

Marguerite said...

Wouldn't you think that people and businesses would rather get email than phone calls?

Phone calls interrupt the flow of what's going on. Email can be addressed at a scheduled, convenient time. And they wouldn't have to deal with people who talk slow, don't know when to quit talking, or can't get to the point.

I love reading your blog. My life is as boring as yours and you help me see the humor in it.

As I get older, I prefer the "boring" days. The days that aren't boring are generally traumatic in some way. A nice boring day can be very enjoyable.

Yvonne said...

I need a boring day - can I have one of yours? Life is made up of mostly boring moments - with a few exciting things thrown in every now and again. Boring means that everyone is good - life is as it should be. We're all just taking care of business in our little corners of the world. And I would say that's pretty exciting!

MissKris said...

Let's have a poll...whose blog is more boring, mine or yours? Hahaha! Sometimes, before I post, I sit and think, "Do I really want to put this out there?" And then I think, "Well, this is for my kids and grandkids...and this is really my life!" So I hit the publish button. I figure it's up to them whether or not they want to wade thru my 'boring and paltry life', as a commenter once told me. I don't think I'll EVER get over that one, ha! But he sure hit the nail on the head. And yet...like these other nice ladies have said...boring is good. I'll take boring over catastrophe ANY day. I wish I could help you with figuring out what to do with your mom...we're facing similar dilemmas out here with my dad-in-law. Never ending........