Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What Is It?


I feel blessed to have been given the gift of growing things in my yard!

Things that I have not planted, and many which I cannot identify.

Like this bush.

THGGM wanted to pull it out, but I made him wait so we could see if it was a forsythia bush.

It wasn't.













Just about the time he was going to uproot it, it broke forth into these AMAZING flowers!

None of my bush/shrub garden books have been of any help.

Well, except to point out that nearly every unidentifiable bush seems to be called an azalea bush.

Any ideas? I'm open to all guesses.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have no idea what it is, but it's gorgeous!

Tarasview said...

oh I wish we had flowering trees in our yard! Maybe it is a type of cherry blossom tree? lovely.

Anonymous said...

"As near as we can tell from the photos, this appears to be one of the many double-flowered plum-cherry-almond group. There are many colors and varieties of these, grown primarily for the flowers, since they rarely bear fruit. We can't see enough detail to be absolutely sure." Jane and Bob


These friends were kind enough to offer this clue. Narrows down your search by just a tiny bit.

xx

Cynthia